Adobe AIR 2.6 is released already. As adobe announced: “The primary focus of 2.6 is to achieve feature parity between Android and iOS”. And it is true, there are lots of improvements focusing on the android and ios.
- Asynchronous Bitmap Decoding
- Microphone support on iOS
- StageWebView on iOS
- Multitasking on iOS
- Retina Support on iOS
- Improved hardware acceleration on iOS
- PFI is now ADT
- Programmatic control of the display of the on-screen keyboard
- Support for the Amazon Android Market
- On-device debugging over USB (Android only)
- Enhanced text support on Android
- Bundled Android USB drivers on Windows
I’m very surprised about above improvements in the AIR 2.6. But, there are still some problems. One of them is “How can I try it”. As the new sdk is released, but there no easy way to develop the application on it. The only way is typing in the command line. Hopefully, adobe can release the new flash, flex build which can support the new air sdk as sooner as possible.